So, we propose to understand the difference between such concepts as parser and parsing and visit https://telegram-store.com/catalog/product-category/channels/technologies.
Parsing is the process of parsing, where the information is broken down into its constituent elements for easier and more efficient translation into another language. An parser is a basic component of an interpreter or compiler that accepts incoming information and then breaks it down into tokens (words or characters). That is, the lexical analysis is performed in this way.
The resulting tokens are used in programming. In fact, it is on them that the whole parser’s work is based. For writing the analytical model, you can use different programming languages: Perl, PHP, Python, etc. Next, all the data is sorted by the given criteria, and then the program code is generated based on them. Thus, we can say that the program used for parsing is a parser.
Parser is a software solution or script, which is used to search, collect and analyze the specified information from various web-resources. That is, the parser is a program, while parsing is the process of collecting and organizing data from third-party Internet sites.
Why do we need parsers?
For the most part, parsers work by the same algorithm, and the scope of their practical application is very wide and varied. For example, the following tasks are solved with the help of such services today:
- Comprehensive analysis of sites and metadata. With the help of parser SEO-specialists can perform technical audience resource in minutes to identify broken links, duplicate pages, errors 404, etc.
- Collection and analysis of information about prices. Parsing the cost of certain types of products is a popular service among Internet store owners.
- Parsing of electronic catalogs. At present parsers are ideal for rapid filling or updating of catalogs. Users do not need to manually enter information about the sold product (article, price, name, description, image, etc.), all data are automatically loaded from the supplier’s website. This work option not only takes minimal time, but also reduces the risk of errors to almost zero.
How do you find the best parser for you?
There are at least a few ways of choosing a parser:
- Ordering and purchasing a parser from a company that develops them.
- Using special cloud services. There are dozens of free and paid programs on the Internet, and you do not need to download anything to your computer. All data collection and analysis is performed in the cloud.
- Using desktop programs. Downloadable tools for Windows on macOS are mostly distributed on a paid basis. They are characterized by powerful and various functions that allow solving a large number of tasks.
- Creating a parser from scratch with your own resources. This variant is suitable primarily for companies that employ experienced and professional programmers, who are capable of developing software aimed at the needs of the company.
When choosing a parser, you should decide in advance what tasks are to be performed with its help, how much data is to be processed and how regularly the parsing is to be performed. The script that combines high quality, usefulness, ease of use and affordable price will be optimal in every respect.